SQL*Loader and mainframe data

From: Neil Sauerwein <neils_at_ptd.net>
Date: 1997/09/24

I need to get mainframe data from both DB2 and VSAM to populate an Oracle database on AIX. Since there are over 200 tables,I was planning on using SQL*Loader by running the creates on DB2, generating the SQL*Loader control files using the DB2 unload utility, and downloading these files along with the data which will be formatted in table format by COBOL programs. Of course I found that after FTPing the data, the binary record lengths for the varchars had been rendered unusable. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Is there an easier way? Should I forget SQL*Loader and deal with each table in JAVA and PL/SQL?
TIA Received on Wed Sep 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT