Oracle 7.3 Installation under Linux 2.0.28

From: Roland van Hout <rvh_at_foxim.nl>
Date: 1997/09/21

I got it working several tools DB creation listener and client connects are already tested and I will recreate and fill a DB soon. It's a "QUICK" & "DIRTY" install, no orainst used!!!! Very simply I created all directories on the cd on my oracle home direcotry. Then I simply copied ALL uncompressed files to their corresponding places releative to oracles home.
Then I did the same with all compressed files but used oiuncomp to uncompress them. Then there where some mesg_ship subdirectories which contents had to be copied one directorie higher.
Then several log/trace directories where not created. ~oracle/rdbms/audit ~oracle/rdbms/log ~oracle/network/log and probably others (peek at your current iX oracle installed).
And then it seems to work until know.
I hope I don't need to relink oracle (because linux cann't) for our PC850something characterset.
The creation of a DB with that charaterset worked anyway!

Roland
Next week I'll update this post with my expierence of really using a filled DB.

--
Roland van Hout, software engineer at Foxim Software, Rotterdam,
Netherlands, tel: 010-4557411, fax: 010-4201783, Internet: rvh_at_foxim.nl