Re: Scheduling Oracle Jobs on NT

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/09/21

On 21 Sep 1997 17:19:24 GMT, timkarnold_at_aol.com (TimKArnold) wrote:

>Anyone have experience scheduling
>Oracle stored procedures on NT via
>Schedule service. I would like
>to fire a stored procedure, say every hour,
>in the much same way chron works in UNIX.
>Examples?
>
>TIA,
>Tim

I'm not an NT expert, but anyway..... As a matter of fact you can't launch a *stored* procedure directly from any OS unles you start SQL*Plus/SQL*DBA/ServerManager/any_other_tool from which you then launch the stored procedure. If you want to do that then I belive there is an "AT" command in NT which is somewhat simmilar to cron (but much clumsier).

But if it's realy only the stored procedure you want to fire regulary then look at the supplied PL/SQL package DBMS_JOB which is designed to cover exactly this kind of tasks.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sun Sep 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT