Re: Mulitple Instances on Windows NT

From: John Tatar <john_at_tatar.com>
Date: 1997/09/20

Its not so much that you have trouble setting up multiple instances, the problem is connecting to a specific instance. I was at a dba class this week, I had the same problem. The trainers said that its a problem that has been reported to oracle and apparently only affects NT. Setting TNSnames.ora with bequeth will not work. You need to go to a DOS shell and set your ORACLE_SID to the appropriate instance, and then you can connect to the correct instance.

Unfortunately, you will have to use this work around until Oracle fixes the problem.

John Tatar
Argonne National Laboratory
tatar_at_dis.anl.gov