ORA-00604

From: Peter Nieberg <peter.nieberg_at_gw.siemens.nl>
Date: 1997/09/18

Hello,
We're going from 7.1.6 to 7.3.2.
I installed 7.3.2 on a test-server without the "creating a database"-option. On this server there are still applications running with 7.1.6
I've made a new oracle-user with a new ORACLE_HOME. After having completed the installation, I took an offline backup of an existing database under 7.1.6 and restored this on the test-server. Because we need several testing-environments for this application on several servers, I changed the databasename (with a CREATE CONTROLFILE-script), so that everyone knows on which database they're working.
The instance can be started and it looks as if everything works, except that when I try to make a SELECT on DBA_/USER_/ALL_-views (f.e. DBA_DATA_FILES) I keep getting this ORA 00604 error : ERROR OCCURRED AT RECURSIVE LEVEL 1, with ORA-00904 :INVALID COLUMN NAME. When I try the SELECT on V$DATAFILE (f.e.) then everything works. When I connect as a "normal" user I can work with my own tables, but as this user I can't SELECT from USER_TABLES. I also can't work with DICT.
In this newsgroup I've read some messages concerning this error, but that was always after installing ORACLE7.3 WITH THE CREATE DATABASE OPTION. Can anyone tell me what causes this error, or what did I overlook, or anything else ????
Thanks......

Peter Nieberg
peter.nieberg_at_siemens.nl Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT