Oracle vs SQL Server

From: Someone <answers_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/09/18

Soon I will be engaging a client with a strong investment in and bias towards MicroSoft products. This client has multiple, large databases that need to work as an integrated system (or at least appear that way to the user). Because of my extensive background in ORACLE , I am biased towards an ORACLE solution.

Does anyone have or know of solid, unbiased benchmarks comparing SQL Server to ORACLE in a number of different configurations or loads? If so, I would like to obtain copies. If permissible, I will post all feedback I receive to the group with a summary and details.

Thanks in advance!

Steve Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT