Re: Help!!! Rollback tablespace

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

Yong Zou <yongzou_at_geocities.com> writes:

>Our company just bought Oracle 7.3, and I created 4 tablespaces (Data,
>rollback, temp, user) for our new database. when I run from this
>database, I found it use system rollback tablespace instead of the
>rollback tablespace which I created. Is there anyone know what's the
>problem is, and how to fix it? Any inputs are welcome, and please send
>me a response via email. Thanks

Hmm. I assume you mean your using the system rollback segment, located in the system ts (and that you're getting "cannot use system rbs for non system object" error). Did you create additional rollback segments, in the rbs ts (create rollback segment rbs01 tablespace rollback)? If so, did you online them? If so, did you make sure to edit the rollback_segments parameter in init.ora and add the rbs you created (this would only be a problem if you bounced the database)?

If these aren't the problems, post up the error text you got. Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT