Re: Having problems with Oracle Workgroup install on Solaris Intel

From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery_at_walldata.com>
Date: 1997/09/11

Jeff Lowery wrote:

> When running wgstart (or wgstart.sh) on the Oracle CD, I get a
> 'Windows
> System Startup' error.
>
> The problem seems to be the the TERM variable setting. ORACLE_TERM is
> suppose to overide this, but I'm not having any luck in setting it to
> proper value. Has anyone else had this problem?

   Jeff again: I've traced it down to the orainst /m switch, which is the Motif switch. I don't know why /m doesn't work, since I can't be running CDE without Motif (can I?). I'm thinkin' I've got to munge the install scripts to get this junk to work; problem is, they're on CD! Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT