Re: MORE THAN ONE INSTANCE

From: Francisco C Piragibe de Almeida <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1997/09/10

Of course you can, Abdulla. The maximum number of instances is dependent on your server's power only. However, I should point out that an ORACLE instance is a complex and powerful set of processes, taxing heavily the servers they run on. I've seldom found it necessary to have more than one in a single server. Most of the time, separate schemas work well enough. If you intend to run such things as "test", "base case" and "production" instances, I strongly suggest that you use separate SERVERS (not separate instances) to do so; perhaps running servers in different platforms, due to the costs involved. Let's say: a RISC for "production" and NTs for "base case" and "test", for instance.

qutub_at_hotmail.com escreveu no artigo <873540710.10849_at_dejanews.com>...