Re: DBMS_JOB PACKAGE INTERVAL PARAMETER

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 1997/09/05

There is an initialization parameter JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL which sets the frequency for checking whether jobs need to be executed. Depending on this value, a job scheduled for 9:00am will likely NOT run at exactly 9:00. The value for the next run is determined by "adding" the value for INTERVAL to the time the job began execution. So, specifying SYSDATE+1 will schedule the next run for exactly 24 hours from the time the job began execution. I have used the following to force a job to run the next day at a specific time:

Interval set to: trunc(sysdate+1,'DD')+6/24

This causes my job to be rescheduled for 6:00am the next day. Hope this helps.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Oracle and OracleRdb Database Administrator

Doug Swanson <104155.2074_at_compuserve.com> wrote in article
<01bcba09$e6ff6320$af5e6580_at_j553fac.UMN.EDU>...