Re: Does CHR(10) add an extra newline?

From: Brian Tkatch <N/A>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:25:45 -0500

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:48:59 +0100, Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Brian Tkatch schrieb:
>
>> OK, figured it out. RECSEP by default is set to WRAPPED, so SQL*PLUS
>> detects the CHR(10) as a line wrap and uses RECSEPCHAR which defaults
>> to a space. SETting RECSEP OFF turns this off.
>>

>My impression was, William Robertson was talking about it to you in this
>thread 5 days ago
>http://groups.google.de/group/comp.databases.oracle.misc/browse_frm/thread/c2475444e2c426cb?hl=de#7473ebbe5a82baee
>

>Best regards
>
>Maxim

Indeed he did. I see it now.

I misunderstood what he meant when he first posted, thinking it similar to the first reply i got to the post where the replier obviously did not try it himself. William didn't explain why it was thinking it was wrapping, so i ignored him too as a useless post.

Thank you for pointing it out.

B. Received on Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:25:45 CST