No unsigned in Oracle?

From: Jens Lenge <spampot_at_gmx.net>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 00:10:56 -0700

Hello world,

am I just too blind or is there really no equivalent to unsigned integer types in Oracle?

I understand that Oracle maps all integer data types onto its own NUMBER type, yet it does accept ANSI data types in SQL statements and does the mapping internally.

However, my Oracle9i does not even accept SQL statements involving types like "smallint unsigned". Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Jens Received on Thu Jul 13 2006 - 02:10:56 CDT