Re: crash at the beginning of the installation

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 17 Jan 2006 08:37:57 GMT

linuxpld <linuxpld_at_gazeta.pl> wrote:
> I have found what is the problem:
>
> [oracle_at_pldmachine linux]$ ltrace runInstaller
> ltrace: "runInstaller" is ELF from incompatible architecture
>
> why? I downloaded oracle installation for :"Enterprise/Standard
> Edition for Linux x86-64"
>
> [oracle_at_pldmachine linux]$ uname -m
> x86_64

The only piece of wisdom I find is from the certification matrix for x86-64:

Linux x86-64, support on AMD64/EM64T and Intel Processor Chips that adhere to the x86-64 architecture.

The Installation Guide has this:

To determine whether the system architecture can run the software, enter the following command:

# grep "model name" /proc/cpuinfo

Note:
This command displays the processor type. Verify that the processor architecture matches the Oracle software release that you want to install. If you do not see the expected output, then you cannot install the software on this system.

Does this enlighten you?

What is the information that 'file runInstaller' gives you?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Tue Jan 17 2006 - 02:37:57 CST