Re: coordinate my OracleDB with a foreign OracleDB: time-problem

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:50:52 +0100

Frank van Bortel schrieb am 07.01.2006 in <dpohfg$hpo$1_at_news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>:
Thanks for your answer, Frank,

> I'm not in Delphi, but here's 2 cents worth:
> - Is there a way to bypass your Delphi program, and
> create a database link, and just do
> 'create table A as select * from table A_at_OtherDB;'?!?
> It surely would be a heck of a lot faster!
Sure, but first it is not allowed to me and 2nd in later times this way sure will not exist, thats why the 2-level-architecture.
> Drop the table after you truncated it, if it's large
> (500k records is *not* considered large).
Isn't it enough to truncate it? Why?
> - What type of connection do you have between MyDB and
> OtherDB? A 33k6 kbps modem would explain a lot about
> your 1 hour processing ;)

intranet, max 100Mbit
But I found out that most of the time (95% is spend on insert into MyDB. I have to prove, whether there are any indexes in it. Maybe I should investigate SQLLoader. Is there a way to find the exact bottle neck? Maybe there are to less or to small redolog- groups, undotablespaces or whatever. I do not know how to find it out.
> - Web interfaces with XML will probably as slow as
> you are now. If you have a problem with time already,
> be prepared.

Right, but that it not my problem, because this interface is an official one, I can use it as long as I want.

Thank you.

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de