Re: How can I find out differcences from two database?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:09:31 -0800

Murtuja wrote:
> Hi
> I have two databases.Both are same.Now I want to compare both databse
> by each and every objects like
> tables
> constraint
> trigger
> procedures
> package
> view
> sequence
> How can I find out differcences from two database?
> Can u provide me script for that?

  1. Create a database link
  2. SELECT object_name, object_type, 'LOCAL' FROM dba_objects MINUS SELECT object_name, object_type, 'LOCAL' FROM dba_objects_at_remote UNION ALL SELECT object_name, object_type, 'REMOTE' FROM dba_objects_at_remote MINUS SELECT object_name, object_type, 'REMOTE' FROM dba_objects;

and then against dba_constraints local and remote or UNION ALL in the result set.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org