Re: 9ids can be used as application server ??

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:11:24 -0800

kishanthakker_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I have been facing a peculiar problem. I would be highly obliged if
> someone can give a clear picture of the said problem
>
> We have oracle 8.1.7 as back-end on sco unixware.
> and developer 2000 as from-end on windows98se.
> we have aprox. 150 nodes with 35 concurrent users having local printers
> (dot matrix).
>
> almost 2 years back we were offered oracle 9i on linux and 9ids on
> windows 2000, with the impression that NO APPLICATION SERVER will be
> required, and 9ids installed on seperate server can be used as
> application server for the above mentioned user base.
>
> We have the following queries.
>
> 1. Dotmatrix printer installed on local node can be used to print
> reports in CHARACTER mode ?
> 2. 9ids installed on windows 2000 can cater to the 35 concurrent
> users' need ?
> 3. Responce time will remain the same as developer 2000 or it will
> detoriate (assuming 9ids server is having normal configuration as any
> other node).?
>
> I Hope I have conveyed my queries properly.
>
> hope to receive reply soon.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Kishan Thakker

My impression is that your firm is on its way out of business. I mean who would do business with anyone using SCO? ;-)

You will need the Java Edition of the app server.

And get yourselves some real operating systems. I'd be embarrassed to put what you describe on my resume.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org