Re: Does Oracle create temporary indexes for sub queries?

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2005 07:45:51 -0800

What I mean is, suppose I join two subqueries A and B together inner-joined on fields A.F1 = B.F1 and A.F2 = B.F2.

If A or B are not straight-up tables with indexes, but they are subqueries for which no index exists, is there any cost advantage to performing an order-by clause on the select statements at the end of A and B? I guess I am assuming that if I do the order-by, then there will be a temp index avaiable, if I do order-by A.F1, A.F2 or B.F1, B.F2.

There - clear as mud!

Dean Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 09:45:51 CST