Re: Oracle can read file not allowed by oracle user

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:51:38 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:53:41 -0800, gareth wrote:

> The rest of the guys in this thread have pretty much hit the nail on
> the head. I suspect the permissions on your oracle executable.
>
> Check out Metalink Note:1011995.6 for solutions to some common problems.

Possibly. Under Linux the normal state for the oracle executable should be

-rwsr-s--x 1 oraclexe dba 71709876 2005-10-25 00:02 oracle

(The size could be different, the above from XE.) The suid is set by the post-install root.sh - which may not have executed properly on Solaris or SuSE Linux.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com