Re: Join table to file?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:23:59 -0500

<reuben.nantogmah_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132166860.654295.103160_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>I have an excel file containg a data set which I want to link to a
> table in oracle. Normally I would just create a table and load the data
> from excel. In this case I can't do that because I don't have create
> permission on the database. Is there a way to work around this? I'm
> using sqlplus.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> -R

not in SQL*Plus

but you could try MS-Access if you've got it -- link to the oracle table and link to the spreadsheet.

if what you're doing has any performance considerations or enterprise impact, i would think you could make a case to the powers that be to get the spreadsheet data loaded into the oracle database so you can get your work done. ;-)