Re: Peculiar results from a simple looking query.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:29:10 -0800

ak_tiredofspam_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> have you ever ported an application in real life? I successfully did it
> several times, and I think Steve's approach is quite correct.

I don't say this to get into a testosteron contest with you but my first IT job was in 1969 on an IBM 370-145 with punch cards. I have migrated mainframe to whatever, whatever to PC, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum to the tune of at least 50-60 full blown product migrations including different platforms, different operating systems, and different databases.

I thin Steve's approach is one that leads to income for people like me and were I hungry for more business I would send him flowers. His employer, however, might wish to rethink the skill set they employ.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington