Re: A PL/SQL parameter puzzle

From: KurtisK <KJKYLE_at_COOLBLUENOSPAM.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:38:03 -0500

Maybe in some cases. In ours, OMWB could not handle the conversion. Our T-SQL procedures stream XML directly from SQL statements which is the most efficient way in the Microsoft environment. In Oracle you can't do this, so we needed to append xml results to an in/out parameter. Also, T-SQL error handling stinks. Oracle's exception managment facilities are superior. The OMWB couldn't properly map the logic in the procs to Oracle.

When it comes to ordinary procedures that mostly use CRUD statements, I imagine OMWB could do a good job.

Kurt