SQL*PLUS stops responding after SQL completion

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:51:21 +0800

Dear all,

I run a SQL in SQL*PLUS (PLUS80W.EXE) in Windows 98 client, and it completes, but SQL*PLUS stops responding so that I cannot commit it. I am sure the SQL has been completed because the SPOOL output file is ready and the session is switched from ACTIVE to INACTIVE from the Instance Manager window. I wonder why SQL*PLUS stops responding after a successful SQL execution. Anyone has comments? Thanks in advance.

The SQL is as follows:
<begin here>
SPOOL sales_fsr_yearly
PROMPT
PROMPT Franchise Show Room Sales Yearly Summary PROMPT INSERT INTO tb_sales_fsr_yearly
SELECT

    a.op_year,
    b.branch_code,
    b.branch_type,
    b.fsr_units,
    a.avon_units,

(b.fsr_units/a.avon_units) fsr_ratio
FROM
(SELECT
        op_year,
        SUM(units) avon_units

    FROM tb_orders
    GROUP BY op_year) a,
(SELECT
        ba.op_year,
        bb.branch_code,
        bb.branch_type,
        SUM(ba.units) fsr_units
    FROM
        tb_orders ba, tb_branch bb

    WHERE (SUBSTR(ba.invoice_no,1,2) = bb.invoice_code)     GROUP BY ba.op_year, bb.branch_code, bb.branch_type) b WHERE
    a.op_year = b.op_year;

SPOOL OFF
COMMIT;
<end here>

Regards,
Dino Received on Wed Feb 28 2001 - 21:51:21 CST