When to commit;

From: Joe Condle <condle_at_mars-systems.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:23:53 GMT

I have 3,.000,000 plus rows to null out in my database. This will run for quite a while if I do it in sqlplus and when I am done I will commit. I am afraid of system slowdown unitl the commit is executed. I am know going to write a pl/sql program to perform the update so I can control how often the update stmt commits. What is a good rule of thumb on commits. How many statements can I process before I commit and still not hamper system performance.

--
Joseph P. Condle                   condle_at_mars-systems.com
Systems Analyst II                     Office