Re: tnsnames - alias ends in a period

From: NCR Employee <NCR.Employee_at_ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:18:33 -0500

I've had this happen ( just this week in fact ) when the net8 assistant first creates a tnsnames.ora file. I simply went in and physically removed the period. All subsequent entries do not seem to get the period at the end. Also, make sure that your default domain is set correctly in the sql*net.ora file. Otherwise, the entry won't be found in the tnsnames.ora file unless you use the fully qualified service name.

HTH

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.

Opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of my employer or clients

Web -----