cluster & LOBs: not compatible?

From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:09:45 GMT

Hi!

Do you know whether I can use cluster for table with LOB fields?

I have these definitions:

CREATE CLUSTER document_id_cl ( id char(16) );

CREATE INDEX document_id_ndx ON CLUSTER document_id_cl;

CREATE TABLE documents (

       id char(16) CONSTRAINT id_pk PRIMARY KEY,
       descriptions clob,
       doc blob

)
cluster document_id_cl (id);

CREATE TABLE document_authors (

       document_id char(16),
       authors char(16)

)
cluster document_id_cl (document_id);

running the script give me this error:

cluster document_id_cl (id)

        *
ERROR at line 6:
ORA-03001: unimplemented feature

But the second table created successfully.

Changing the type ?lob to varchar did make it works. But I need the ?lob type.

Any explanation?

BTW: which one is the right newsgroups? The comp.databases.* tree or the comp.database.* tree?

Thanks.

--
                                   S P Arif Sahari Wibowo