RE: Cannot Rollback In a Distributed Transaction

From: Jining Han <jining_han_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:52:06 -0500

What version are you using? Do you happen to have multiple Oracle homes? There are a number of good articles in Oracle Forum (do a search on DistribTx)
you may want to look at.

Jining Han
Sallie Mae

>===== Original Message From hpadmaso_at_bellatlantic.net (Harish Padmasola)

>hmm... Iam still getting the same error even after I Set DistribTX
>property in the registry to a 0. Is there anything else Iam missing
>??
>
>thnx,
>Harish
>
>On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:20:57 -0500, Jining Han
><jining_han_at_MailAndNews.com> wrote:
>
>>You need to set DistribTX property to 0 in
>>LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oracle\OLEDB.
>>
>>Good luck
>>===============
>>Jining Han
>>Sallie Mae
>>
>>>===== Original Message From hpadmaso_at_bellatlantic.net (Harish Padmasola)

>>>Here's the scenario.
>>>
>>>Iam using VB ,connecting to a oracle database using oracle's OLEDB
>>>PRovider. Everything works fine. Iam able to call stored procedures
>>>and all those good things.
>>>
>>>The Problem :
>>> When my stored Procedure in Oracle errors, It does a rollback and
>>>the procedure (actually its a function) returns a -1. The problem is
>>>its not doing the rollback. and I get the following Error msg :
>>>
>>>"Rollback cannot be performed in a distributed Transaction."
>>>
>>>When I run the procedure in SQLPLUS , It seems to rollback fine .
>>>

>>>Any solutions is greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>Thnx
>>>Harish

>> Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
>> POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.
                http://MailAndNews.com

 Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.