Cannot Rollback In a Distributed Transaction

From: Harish Padmasola <hpadmaso_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 02:54:16 GMT

Here's the scenario.

Iam using VB ,connecting to a oracle database using oracle's OLEDB PRovider. Everything works fine. Iam able to call stored procedures and all those good things.

The Problem :

    When my stored Procedure in Oracle errors, It does a rollback and the procedure (actually its a function) returns a -1. The problem is its not doing the rollback. and I get the following Error msg :

"Rollback cannot be performed in a distributed Transaction."

When I run the procedure in SQLPLUS , It seems to rollback fine .

Any solutions is greatly appreciated.

Thnx
Harish   Received on Mon Feb 12 2001 - 20:54:16 CST