Re: Cannot use system rollback segment error during install of Oracle 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced server

From: Terry Adams <tadams111_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:38:21 -0000

Sybrand,

I could not run ddl you supplied because when I tried to connect using: connect internal I got
Error:
ORA -24314 service handle not initialized and when I tried to connect using:
connect / as sysdba I got
ORA - 12560 - TNS protocol adapter error presumably because there was no database instance to connect to, however when I created a new database I was able to run the above commands without error.

Terry Adams

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:95unot$ijioj$1_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de...
> You have only one rollback segment, SYSTEM. This is a special rollback
> segment which is being used to rollback DDL. You can't use it for ordinary
> transactions, as the error states.
> To resolve the problem
> create rollback segment rb_temp
> storage (initial 1m next 1m minextents 4)
> tablespace system;
>
> alter rollback segment rb_temp online;
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "Terry Adams" <tadams111_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I wonder if anyone knows about this...
> > During installation of Oracle version 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced
> > server with no service packs installed when it was in the 'Adding Oracle
> > intermedia' phase of a database creation I received the following error
> > notification:
> >
> > Oracle 01552 Cannot use system rollback segment for non-system table
 space
> > DRSYS
> >
> > This happened when the progress bar was at 97% of database creation.
> > Selecting the ignore button does not dismiss the error notification.
 When