oracle8i personal question

From: Donald Carney <nojunkmail_at_brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:24:25 -0500

I just downloaded oracle8i personal editon and installed it on my win98 box
and I can't seem to get started (creating databases, accessing it from other applications like JDeveloper, etc.), because the documentation does not
seem to be geared towards someone who has not used Oracle before.

Can anyone suggest a place to start?
Is there an "Oracle8i Personal Edition for Dummies" web site out there?

All I want to do is create a database and use JDeveloper to access it shouldn't that be an easy task?

By the way, yes I did look at the documentation on the technet web site including the release notes, installation guide, and administrator's guide - It is not very helpful for a newbie. Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 18:24:25 CST