Re: statement caching in oracle

From: Keith D. Gregory <kgregory_at_tibco.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 19:21:40 GMT

In article <95cb92$44a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   hailey_kyle_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Why do you think the statement is not kept on the server side ie the
> shared pool? The statement should be there until it gets aged out. If
> you want to ensure that it is not aged out you could use
> dbms_shared_pool.keep.

Session tracing shows that the statement is being reparsed each time it's called. By comparison, using Oracle's Pro/C with "release_cursor=no", session tracing shows a single parse for N executions. I didn't take a look at V$SQLAREA to see if there are separate rows for each execution.

-kdg

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sun Feb 04 2001 - 13:21:40 CST