Re: Downloaded Oracle 8.1.7 won't create database on Linux

From: Kari Pannila <Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:44:00 +0200

Hi

Oracle doesn't work on RedHat 7.0 without modifications and relinking. The easiest way would be to downgrade to RedHat 6.2 or copy the oracle binaries
from a working RedHat 6.2 to 7.0. ( In the latter case you can't relink oracle programs)

I got it ( I have 8.1.7 but the problem is about the same) to work by installing packages

   compat-egcs-6.2-1.1.2.9
   compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2
and relinking programs
(I got instructions from Oracle Metalink).

At http://ftp.valinux.com/pub/support/hjl/glibc/sdk/2.1/ there is an other solution that I haven't tested.

Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila

      Oracle DBA

--
Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila
      Oracle DBA
--

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.
    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten.