Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Installation and use

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:26:19 -0500

The new policy from Oracle, and it makes sense, is to install the different products in separate Oracle homes. This makes it much easier to modify or upgrade one product without affecting the others. One downside is that several of the products require their own versions of Net8 or SQL*Net and the associated configuration files. The Ora 12203 is a general error that means you have a connection problem. Perhaps a listener is not started or you have errors in your tnsnames.ora file(s).

Van