Re: DBMS_SQL will not work with SQL statement > 32K

From: brian.kalbfus <brian.kalbfus_at_mciworld.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 22:08:41 GMT

I found this conversation enlightening, but my problem is that I have a package body that is both over 32K and has lines that are over 255 characters long. The only way I have been able to modify it was with Enterprise Manager 2.0.4. I wish I knew how it does it.

Is there a line limit when executing a script? Can you execute a script with a database package?

Are there overloaded interfaces for Oracle 8i's native dynamic sql, maybe with larger lines allowed?

Thanks,
Brian Kalbfus