Re: oracle experience question

From: Bob Fazio <bob_fazio_at_hotmail.com.no.spam>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:25:28 GMT

I have a BSEE. But worked primarily with UNIX systems out of college. I did a lot of C and C++ consulting work on the side. That took me into system admin work. I did a little CAD/CAM Demonstrating for a while.
I then moved into Finite element analysis sales (yuch!) Back into Sysadmin work, and worked with an Oracle DBA. He needed help and then they sent me to a few classes. I have now been doing DBA work for about 4 years. Talk about walking backwards into a career. I will say that I do really enjoy what I do now though, it was the best move I could have ever done,
even if it wasn't quite how I had it planned.