*Need Help* Comparing Dates in Oracle 8

From: Mark MacRae <mNOmSPAM_at_witty.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:24:56 -0700

Hi, I posted the other day, and got no response - I can't believe that nobody else has run into this, so I'm posting again. Since upgrading my Oracle client from 7.3 to 8.x, the following SQL statement no longer works: SELECT E1.REQUEST FROM ID_ENTRY_1 E1 WHERE E1.SUBMIT_DATE
>= to_date('1999-2-12 12:12:12 PM', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS
PM')

The error I get is "invalid comaparison operator". So it would seem that there is either a new way to compare dates in Oracle 8 which isn't documented (as far as I can tell), or there's a bug in the client. Whichever it is, would somebody please let me know. Thanks.