tnsping API call

From: Todd Hobdey <hobdey_at_bmhc.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:55:48 -0600

I've built a VB6 program that uses Oracle Objects to connect to Oracle = 7.3.4. Sometimes the program has a problem instantiating Objects and = generates a very vague error. I'd like to be able to call something = like tnsping or tnsping80 to check the connection from the next level = below Objects so I can narrow down the source of the problem before = passing along an error message to the user. Is there something like an = API call to SQLNet or Net80 that will do this? I really am trying to = avoid shelling out to a DOS window - plus then it's up to the user to = decipher the result.

TIA Todd Hobdey
Systems Administrator Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 18:55:48 CDT