Oracle 8 or Microsoft SQL 7

From: jbraddock <jbraddockNOjbSPAM_at_sockets.net.invalid>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:47:38 +1700

I work for a state agency that has a 1000 user Novell network. We are designing an application that will require data warehousing and some straight forward but large databases (1-2gb). Current application access to these databases will be with Visual Basic (about 200 concurrent users), but in the future, these databases will need to also be accessable through our internal intranet. The two choices that we have been provided are Microsoft SQL server 7 running on an NT server or Oracle 8 running on an Netware 5 server.

I'm needing some pros and cons to help choose between these two (the Netware and Visual Basic are set in stone). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Braddock