Re: Redo Log and Network Resources

From: Ho Yat-Fan <fanho_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:30:09 GMT

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I actually applied the archive logs successfully. But the case is we force archive logs every 15 min. and therefore after applying the archived logs, we have a 15min gap (lost changes for up to 15min.). Since we see the redo log files are in good condition, is there a way that we can make use of them??

Thanks.

Rgds., fan.

> you are in archivelog mode. In that mode you do not backup online redo
log
> files. when you goto recover, you restore data files and recover them
using the
> archives and the ONLINE redo log that was current before you began the
recovery.

> it'll do it for you.
>
> don't backup online redo log when in archive log mode or if you do --
DON'T ever
> restore it -- you'll wipe out your current online redo log (which you
of course
> have multiplexed to 2 or 3 separate physical devices) and won't be
able to
> recover with it.
>

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

--
Yat-Fan Ho
Software Support Analyst

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 22:30:09 CDT