Re: Can I mutiltask in a Win98 Client while running SQL queries?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:21:43 GMT

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:57:38 GMT, "Joseph H Sugden III" <JSugden_at_netmeg.no.spam.net> wrote:

>I'm set up to use a win98 client to run queries. Whenever I run a query
>through SQL* or Worksheet, Win98 becomes fairly unworkable--slow--and
>sometimes stuck, and the task manager says SQL* is not responding until the
>query finishes.

I use Win NT and Win 95, and SQL*Plus does sort of stop responding when a long query is running, and also when I first connect to a database. It's especially noticable when I connect using a dial-up conection to our corporate lan because of the number of hops between the dial-up server and my database. However, I am usually able to alt-tab to other applications.

Jonatahn

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Fri Sep 24 1999 - 19:21:43 CDT