Re: New Instance

From: Chetan Wagle <chetanw_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:21:30 +0530

Hi Joe,

  What you will have to do is the foll steps (I assume u are on UNIX) :

  1. Goto ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install/rdbms and locate two files called crdb.orc and crdb2.orc. Rename these to .sql and edit them properly to create the database the way you want it to be.
  2. Create the init.ora and config.ora files
  3. Set your ORACLE_SID etc properly and run svrmgrl
  4. Run the crdb.sql script followed by crdb2.sql script
  5. Run ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql, catproc.sql and catexp.sql

Now you have two Oracle instances with the same ORACLE_HOME.

It would help to seek the guidance of someone who ahas already done this operation.

HTH,
Chetan