Gateways

From: Travis Rogers <trdrdriror_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:40:59 GMT

Oracle has a series of Gateway products for "seamlessly" accessing other databases. At one time there was an ODBC Gateway but it has mysteriously disappeared. After 2 weeks of phone calls someone finally said that this feature was supposed to be part of Oracle 8i for NT. I have 8i on NT and it appears this concept has been renamed to "Heterogeneous Agents" but I can't figure out how to create an ODBC Agent/Gateway. Any ideas, this could be highly affective in populating data into a data warehouse. Received on Tue Sep 21 1999 - 23:40:59 CDT