Setting up two listeners

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:25:47 -0400

Does anyone have an example of a listener.ora in which there are different listeners configured for different databases? I currently have two instances running on a machine but am using the same listener for both of them. The problem is, if something goes wrong with one database it causes the listener to hang for the other database. I think that if I configure a seperate listener for each database then they will work totally independent of each other and I can take the database and the associated listener down without effecting the other database/listener.

If you could, put the example in an attachment in a message posted here to the newsgroup. Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 17 1999 - 14:25:47 CDT