shell script with sqlplus call not working in cron

From: <kerstensa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:47:52 GMT

Hi,

I have the following problem. On an alpha-machine running Digital UNIX, I run a shell script in cron. This script sets up the env variables ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME, PATH and ORACLE_SID and does a call to sqlplus after that which runs a sql-script for me. Following is the script:

#!/bin/sh
ORACLE_BASE=<oracle_base_path>
export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=<oracle_home_path>
export ORACLE_HOME
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME
export PATH
ORACLE_SID=<my_sid>
export ORACLE_SID
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s user/password @/path_to_my_script/my_script exit

If I run the above script from the command line, all is fine and the tables which get changed in the sql-script do change, but as soon as I make an entry in my crontab and let the script run every 5 minutes, it doesn't work anymore and I get error message ORA-12547:TNS:lost contact in the cron log.

Can anybody give me any help here?

Thanks.

Andre

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 06:47:52 CDT