New Check Constraint Condition Question...

From: Stephen Hurrell <hurrells_at_baynet.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:42:00 -0400

Hello

First off I'd like to thanks everyone who respond to my first constraint question.
The solution that I chose was;

    event_year = to_char(event_date,'YYYY')

However the trigger approach may become applicable.

Anyways I now what to know if you can use sysdate in a calculation.

I have two fields "age" and "birth_date" that are related as;

    age = yearof(sysdate)-yearof(birth_date)

QUestions;

  1. Can I use sysdate here or like this?
  2. There are Y2K issues with the above

Any ideas?