setting up duplicate database

From: Brian Howard <bh_at_creditwatch-inc.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 21:25:11 GMT

I am a total novice at setting up databases and especially A/UX. I have a mac server running A/UX with an oracle 7.0 database. I have been told that I need to duplicate this database onto another server. I found another mac server and had a new hard drive put into it. I have installed A/UX on it and I am about to install the oracle database on it. From there I am not sure what I need to do. The original database has three external hard drives with the database spanned across them. The new server will just have a single hard drive. What it the easiest way to make an identical copy of the database and set it up? What will I need to change? Can you give me a step by step idea or procedure? Thanks. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 16:25:11 CDT