Re: Source Code Control

From: <akkha_at_tems.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 06:18:57 GMT

Dear Andy,

I know Version Control software could keep track of all the revisions. My question is suppose I have, say 10 different versions of the same generic pl/sql procedures or Forms 5.0 or Pro*C, for 10 different clients, now if I want to introduce new coding to the program, how do I propagate the changes
to the ten different versions in the most effiecnt and effective way? I am not aware of a version control software that help me in such situation.

In article <7qs5i1$hnr$1_at_ssauraac-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,   "Andy Bates" <BatesAndy_at_csi.com> wrote:
> you effectively are talking about a science known as Configuration
> Management
> There's a number of tools on the market which deal with version
control and
> release management. What's suitable for you depends on your
environment and
> how much you want to control things.
>
> Another newsgroup you could ask about this is
comp.software.config-mgmt

> AndyB
>
> Ha <akkha_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a system in which we distribute different versions of stored
> > procedures, pro*C etc to our clients based on their specifi needs.
> >
> > How do we manage and control such multiple source environment.
> >
> > I don't know where to post this question and just to ask around
> > to get some suggestion.
> >

> > Anthony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Sep 05 1999 - 01:18:57 CDT