Solaris & Pro*C Problem

From: Rich Dedeyan <richard.dedeyan_at_no.spam.gemplus.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:05:34 -0400

Hello All,

  I'm in the process of porting software from HP-Unix to Solaris 2.6. The software is developed all in C code. I am however having a problem. I made the coding changes and compiled the application using Sun Workshop 5.0 C compiler as well as the Oracle 8i Pro*C compiler.

  When I ran the application I was getting "Unresolved symbol: fatal: relocation error" when an executable was calling a shared library.

   I traced the problem down to the following (please bear with me folks):

The call to the function in the shared library worked, however, once inside any function call outside the shared library gave the above mentioned error. I tried compiling the dynamic library as a static library and I didn't have any problems.

  Why does this happen to a dynamic library and not a static library? Anybody else experienced this? If any one can help, I'd very very much appreciate it.

Thanks folks,
Rich Dedeyan
Gemplus Canada

mailto:richard.dedeyan_at_gemplus.com Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 19:05:34 CDT