SQLPLUS variable length spooled records

From: Andy Bates <BatesAndy_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:12:33 +0100

Let's try again!

I'm spooling the results of a query where the records can vary from short (say 40 chars) to long (say 800 chars)
I want the records in the file to be the same length as the query result for each row
rather than blank padded to linesiz.

This is using Oracle 7.1 on VMS. I've got a sqlplus manual from a later version which says that set trimspool on will do this, but it's not recognised by 7.1, which only has set trim but this doesn't affect spooled output.

I can remember doing what I want to do in the past, but I no longer work at the company which had the sqlplus manuals!

The solution to this would be appreciated, I need to find the right set of command for the older version that I'm using.

Thanks in anticipation
Andy. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 17:12:33 CDT