PL*SQL Long Datatype Restrictions

From: <hornmule_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 12:36:38 GMT

Long Datatypes -- Selecting and inserting into new table -- PL/SQL

I am currently having the following issue...

I have a table that contains a long datatype and a few other fields. I now want to concatenate the long datatype and two other fields into one long string and insert it into new table as one field. When I do this in PL/SQL, Oracle will insert all fields that are less than 2,000 characters
(Oracle V7 limit for strings) but will fail on all others. I am getting error messages(see below)
although I am defining the variables as longs (I also tried varchar2(32767). If anyone has a workaround for this it would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 07:36:38 CDT