Re: Recommendation: One or multiple triggers

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:36:12 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

One important thing to know: the order in which triggers for the same event fire is NOT guaranteed.
So if you split up, make sure there are no logical dependencies, ie one trigger is expect to fire first.
IMO, I would split up only when I was forced to, eg. triggers being generated by third party software (I am in that situation now). In all other cases, if the trigger code gets too complicated, split it up in procedures.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA